The Bloodhound® brand natural gas detector and chromatograph system
Our flagship product, the Bloodhound® gas detection and logging system is based on patented next generation infrared sensors that are light years ahead of the older hotwire, FID, or Pellister based gas sensors. No other mud logging gas detection system uses this technology that makes it possible to create a system without peer in sensitivity, precision chromatography, reliability, portability, ruggedness, accuracy, and ease of use.
Click here for the Bloodhound Knowledge Base
Ethernet RJ-45 to Internet
Analog Out Relay contacts for Depth and Alarms
Positive Pressure vent air supply. Inside case under positive pressure with filtered air.
GPRS Radio antenna
DC power in/out. Runs from DC car adapter or powers DC devices
Universal AC power from 90-250VAC power and 45-65Hz
USB-B PC Connection
Pason compatible RS422 WITS interface
RS232 WITS Connection
RS232 Personal Computer External Data logger
Geolograph switch input
Simple gas inlet. Port has regulated flow and vacuum pressure.
Exhaust port 1/2 size keeps the line from freezing in cold weather.
The Bloodhound® can interface with WITS equipped drilling rigs to log all other drilling operations data along with collected gas sample data. Both WITS and sample gas data can be encrypted and sent through the internet to our secure servers via ethernet or the on board 4G cellular card. Authorized users can log into our secure Multiview web site and view the status of dozens of drilling operations in near real time, or view more detailed information and gas charts on any selected drill site with just a few mouse clicks.
The system can be configured to send a text message if something goes wrong like a clogged gas sample line or loss of power.
In addition to identifying the hydrocarbons coming in from the sample line, the Bloodhound® can also identify and measure Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, and Hydrogen Sulfide.
Infrared Gas Detection and Hydrocarbon Analyzer System:
- 0-100% auto ranging
- Total gas & Chromatograph C1 – iC4 & nC4
- Sensitive and Linear without Saturation
- Low end +/ – .0001% = one unit (on 10,000 unit full range)
- High end +/- 1 % full scale
- No filament, flame or pellistor to fail
- No saturation
- No in field calibration(set and stable for 18 months)
- No drift from filament degradation
- No drift from carbonization
- CO2 -included
- H2S -included
- Triple redundant data records
- Real time (6 second new data capture cycle) data viewing at rig site or anywhere worldwide via website
- WITS compatible (can collect and display incoming drilling data)
- Internal brain board- custom designed and manufactured to NEBS and NEMA standards
- Remote systems diagnostic capabilities
- Multiple function alarm system
- Automatically generated real time mud log (just add lithology)
- Automatic sample flow monitor and adjustment
- Hardwire and wireless communication capabilities
- Built in GPRS data modem eliminates satellite dish and rental costs
- Alarm notification via cell phone text message worldwide
- Low operating current design (DC low voltage extends life and eliminates shock danger)
- Functional from 12v car electrical system
- Up to 120 min onboard backup power supply (with monitor)
- Remote diagnostics on sample flow, sample line vacuum pressure, total hydrocarbons and other functions
- Multiple function automatic alarms based on custom high/low parameters
- Automatic alarm notification via cell text message
- 24/7 remote manned alarm monitoring service packages